STD 1 to 9 schools CLOSED in Gujarat due to rising COVID-19 cases, The biggest decision taken by the Gujarat government regarding schools was taken between the second wave of education department
Orders have been issued to close schools in Gujarat. The core committee has ordered closure of schools from Std. 1 to 9 due to increasing cases of corona. Corona cases are being seen in children in Gujarat. The core committee meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. In which an important decision has been made. This decision of the Core Committee has been taken keeping in view the prevailing Corona transition situation in the state. All standard 1 to 9 schools in the state will be closed.
School work will be closed from Monday 5th April and other instructions will be kept closed till further notice. All government and private schools in the state will have to implement these instructions.
Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) has taken various initiatives to fight COVID-19. A team of developers at the Information Technology (IT) department of SMC has developed SMC COVID-19 Tracker System which includes a web portal and mobile application named “SMC COVID-19 Tracker” to track people who have abroad or interstate travel history and persons who have come in direct contact with positive COVID-19 individual.
Details of travelers and other individuals are collected through various sources like Self Declaration form on SMC website, calls received on helpline number, international traveler information received from Government of India(GoI), etc.
The brief about the functioning of the application is given below:
1. SMC has published Self Declaration Form on website www.suratmunicipal.gov.in where individuals can submit their details including their abroad or interstate travel history and if they have come in contact with any positive COVID-19 individual. Upon submission of details, an SMC is sent to individuals with unique Traveller ID and are asked to download SMC COVID-19 Tracker Mobile Application.
2. SMC has also started a helpline number 1-800-123-800 where a citizen can share details about travelers or suspects. The details are verified by the SMC team including health officials. A field team visits the location and if the details provided on the helpline is verified, the individual is asked to stay in home quarantine and they are also assigned unique Traveller ID and are asked to download SMC COVID-19 Tracker Mobile.
3. Individuals have to fill questionnaire twice a day (Morning 10 AM and Evening 9 PM) through SMC COVID-19 Tracker App regarding their health. After due consultation of health officials, we have prepared three questions in the questionnaire viz., if a person has fever, cough or difficulty in breathing. With this questionnaire, individual has to also send their Selfie (Photo). If any individual mentions issue in questionnaire regarding their health, initial follow up is done over the phone and if required, individuals are asked to visit nearby health facility for necessary check-up and treatment.
4. After successful installation of app, individuals have to send their location every hour to confirm that they are following home quarantine on regular basis. SMC team monitors the location history of individuals if any individual is found not following the home quarantine guidelines, strict actions are taken against such individuals.
5. For every individual asked to stay in home quarantine, daily house to house follow-up is also done by SMC Team. Follow up done by SMC team is also captured through the system.
6. If any individual has developed symptoms during home quarantine and has been shifted to hospital, individuals who have come in contact of suspects are entered in system under contact history so that they can be linked to understand the contact tracing. If the person admitted to hospital is found positive, the contacts are asked to follow quarantine.
7. Necessary MIS reports are prepared in the system and new reports are being developed as per requirements of health department.
The SMC COVID-19 Tracking System along with Android and iOS App are developed in very short time of 5 days.
The system developed by SMC was reviewed by Government of Gujarat and Government of Gujarat in considering implementing the same for the entire state.