UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance Application, UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
The Umang app is a mobile application that can be used to get access to a wide range of government services at the click of a button through your smartphone. UMANG App for e-Government Services
The following are some of the services available in UMANG Application
1.Pay Income Tax:
- Challan, track status
- View results
- Apply New Pan Card
- Eligibility, status check
- Subsidy calculator
- View Aadhar card
- This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.
- Appointment availability
- Track status
- Locate Passport Seva Centre
- Fees calculator
- Doc Advisor
- Employees Provident Fund service
- General services
How To Use and Download UMANG App ?
- Step 1: Download the Umang app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store and website ‘https://web.umang.gov.in
- Step 2: Create your ‘Profile’ by providing personal details such as name, mobile number, age. There is also an option to upload a profile photo
- Step 3: You can also link your Aadhaar number to the app and other social media accounts
- Step 4: After profile creation, you can log in and go to the ‘Sort & Filter’ section to browse through the services and categories
- Step 5: Go to the search option to look for particular services
Features and Benefits of the UMANG App
- You can avail over 150 different services offered by the central and state governments easily
- Simple categorisation of services as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated and Suggested has been made to enhance the app interface
- You can easily search for a specific State or Central Government service using the in-app filter
- The application is available in 12 regional languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu, apart from English
- You can even make easy online payment of various utility bills such as gas, water, electricity, etc.
- The application also offers key integration services including Digilocker and Aadhaar